Favorite Lush Skincare Products


As someone who is health conscious and on the lookout for good quality natural products to use, Lush is a company that inevitably comes to mind. The company specializes in ethical packaging and tries its best to minimize its impact on the environment by producing natural products with minimal or "naked" packaging. Additionally, every product in the store is either vegan or vegetarian, with many products being self-preserving and no harmful chemicals used in products.

Over time I've come to use a good number of Lush products and have compiled a modest list of some of my favorite skincare items from their line. I hope this little list can give you guys some ideas and information to incorporate in your own skincare routine!

Aqua Marina Face and Body Cleanser
This cleanser works wonders for sensitive skin and is a multi-use product that you can use all over your body. With its three key ingredients of calamine, seaweed, and aloe, it's perfect for acne-prone and sensitive skin. I love to use it daily, but especially after I've been outside or had a beach day because the aloe is very soothing.

Just To Clarify Jelly Face Mask
This is one of Lush's new skin care innovations and I'm really loving it. Lush Jelly Face Masks are made with a carageenan base, which gives them their jelly form and make them very hydrating on the skin. This one in particular targets acne-prone skin and includes orange juice, papaya juice, and ground bamboo to exfoliate and clarify the skin.

Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub
This is the first product I ever tried from Lush and it was the one that made me want to keep trying more Lush products. It's super versatile because it can be used on both the face and body. Coarse sea salt exfoliates the skin, while lime extracted in vodka tones and brightens, and coconut oil and avocado soften. I particularly love to use it before I shave to prevent razor burn.

Celestial Facial Moisturizer
This moisturizer is amazing for most skin types, but especially tailored for sensitive skin. With ingredients like vanilla water, almond oil, and cocoa butter, it soothes the skin, while keeping it feeling soft and supple the whole day. The consistency of this product is a bit on the thicker side, so be sure to go light and build up if you need to!

Tea Tree Water Toner Spray
After I wash my face I always like to use a toner to get any extra dirt and residue off my pores. I have found that this method has helped keep my skin a lot more clear through the years. Lush carries a number of toner sprays, each with different key ingredients for various skin types. I particularly enjoy the Tea Tree Toner Water because of its clarifying properties. Tea tree oil helps clean the skin, while grapefruit and juniper berry brighten. I love how this toner is free of alcohol and salicylic acid so it never dries my skin out.

Sympathy for the Skin Hand and Body Lotion
 No skincare routine is complete without a good lotion to finish it off. Lush carries a good variety of lotions and I like them all, however, I always end up repurchasing this one again and again. Made with cocoa butter, mashed bananas, lemon, and sandalwood, this lotion is very soothing and has helped me a lot with my eczema. I deal with bumpy dry skin and this lotion is one of the few that has been able to help clear my skin. Not only that, but it smells very good and reminds me of a banana cream pie scent.

Of course these are just some of the items I really enjoy from Lush. Sometimes it feels the options are endless. Hopefully you can take something from this list and check some of these products out for yourself. Most people know Lush for its bath bombs, but for me the skincare is the best part!

Here's a really cool little video on how the new jelly face masks are made:

How it's Made: Lush Birth of Venus Jelly Face Mask

Credit: Lush Cosmetics North America YouTube Channel


Comments

Comments

What's Happening on Twitter

Popular Posts